It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:29 pm
Change font size

Comics

The Master List of Webcomics We Actually Read Occasionally

Print or web, serial or GN. Here's where you talk about that comic you like that no one else has probably ever heard of.

The Master List of Webcomics We Actually Read Occasionally

Postby squidbunny » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:02 pm

squidbunny
Ineffectual Sheriff

Re: The Master List of Webcomics We Actually Read Occasional

Postby Arcy » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:56 pm

http://www.npccomic.com/ - sometimes. It is a very WoW-centric comic.
http://www.girlswithslingshots.com/ - sometimes NSFW and probably one of my favorites.
http://oglaf.com/ - ALWAYS NSFW

Not sure why I'm still reading Questionable Content and Something Positive, and sometimes LICD.

Do I have to list Next Town Over? It is probably the only one I read that actually has production values.
Arcy
Just a girl?

Postby squidbunny » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:15 am

No, no one has to repeat anything previously said by someone else; we are building a master list. I think we used to have one of these back in the day on one of the many old squidboards, when there was more than 4 of us? Maybe ca. Spatula Messiah/Chris Lundgren? I could be dreaming it.

I forgot about Oglaf. I don't read it religiously but I do read it regularly.

You like yourself some scandalous comics, arc -- I'm always surprised when you don't mention Chester 5000 YXV (incredibly, incredibly NSFW also).
squidbunny
Ineffectual Sheriff

Postby Arcy » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:00 am

squidbunny wrote:You like yourself some scandalous comics, arc -- I'm always surprised when you don't mention Chester 5000 YXV (incredibly, incredibly NSFW also).

But I did read Chester5000XYV all the way through and as far as I could tell, the story was done for several MONTHS, so I stopped checking about halfway through last year. Thanks for cluing me in to the fact that it is being updated once more!

On the subject of "naughty", I also used to subscribe almost religiously to Sexy Losers and Ghastly's Ghastly Comic, which both also stopped updating. The former used to get ninja-updates from time to time, now it looks like Hard has moved on to something else. I follow Ghastly's blog still, sometimes he draws amusing things, though not as often as he's not channeling his depression into it anymore.

My Japanese friend and WoW guildmate, Sachi (that's Jillina to those that armory stalk) always calls me "ecchi". I like adult webcomics and I can not lie. ;p

There is also http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/ which I'm going to guess isn't ever going to update again (or at least until the book gets pushed out)... but good stuff. Over-quoted everywhere on the internet, but still good.

I also want to edit in a quick mention to http://threepanelsoul.com/ - doesn't update very often now that Ian's busy making awesome games like Spiral Knights, but always entertaining.
Arcy
Just a girl?

Postby Spex » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:28 am

Spex
Hapless Bystander

Location: Beyond the eldritch veil of crimson shadow, apparently!

Postby squidbunny » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:20 am

Updated. My alphabetizing has slipped, for now, and half of what I've got in gag-a-day is probably debatably longform but eh.

I've never actually seen Unsounded before, Sef, so thanks a lot. I really needed something else to read. (If it's not coming across textually, that's fucking sarcasm, there). Gorgeous comic with probably the worst navigation I've ever seen in my life.
squidbunny
Ineffectual Sheriff

Postby squidbunny » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:36 am

FireSight! You still exist.

I think I need a category for "over with but good" for the likes of Freakangels, etc..

You read a bunch of webcomics, sir. I'll add all those when I'm not running out the door.
squidbunny
Ineffectual Sheriff

Postby FireSight » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:28 am

Yeah, I'm still around. New job has kept me busy. Well-paid, 45k a year, but... busy. On the other hand, I should be able to start sending you money again soon, now that I've paid off my debts. :p
FireSight
Benefactor

Postby squidbunny » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:34 am

Hey I just found a new one that's not half bad, art- or humor-wise! Good luck finding it in that retarded fucking list, jokers!
squidbunny
Ineffectual Sheriff

Next

Return to Comics